Managing the reproductive cycle for your herd.
From timely breeding to pregnancy confirmation to successful calving, PregCheck is a critical component for today’s dairy farms. The service is non-invasive and hassle free by testing samples from milk recording.
The milk pregnancy test is based on ELISA technology and detects the presence of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGs) in the milk sample. The CIS PregCheck service is offered without any contracts keeping it simple to use and you can access results on the herd management programme YourHerd and MobileHerd app.
- Identifies open animals from 28 days after service and 60 days after calving
- 98% level of accuracy
- Least invasive form of pregnancy diagnosis
- Sampling program can be done during routine milk recording
- Most effective in regular milk recording herds with accurate breeding and service data
- Up to three tests may be defined per lactation – post service, midterm and before drying off
- Results will be positive, negative or recheck
- Rechecks (inconclusive tests) are free of charge
- Results can be viewed online using the herd management programme YourHerd and MobileHerd app.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com
CIS & IDEXX Pregnancy for Profit Webinar
The CIS & IDEXX Webinar provided information to learn more about heat expression, fertility, and pregnancy associated glycoproteins (PAG) detection in milk samples for pregnancy diagnosis in dairy cows. The webinar guest speakers are Hilary Dobson, Emeritus Professor at the Institute of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool and Owen Atkinson BVSc DCHP MRCVS Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons recognised Specialist in Cattle Health and Production.
The CIS and IDEXX webinar covered key areas:
- Heat expression, detection and PAG testing
- Economic importance of getting cows in calf
- Pregnancy success dependencies
- Vets perspective on the use of PAG testing
To view other CIS webinars focused on health testing and genomics, visit the CIS YouTube channel.