The CIS Cell Count Service helps pin point the high cell count cows in the herd to avoid milk buyer penalties.
Monitoring cell counts is vital to ensure that the number of somatic cells does not increase. If the somatic cell count rises, this can lead to decreased milk yields and increased treatment costs. This is primarily due to the damage of milk-producing tissue in the udder caused by mastitis pathogens and the toxins produced, particularly when epithelial cells are lost.
CIS Cell Count service includes:
- A postal service is available for your milk samples to help keep costs to a minimum
- Samples can be delivered to the laboratory through your CIS Milk Recorder
- Fast turn around of results
- Butterfat & protein analysis included upon request
- Downloadable PDF or Excel versions of your reports are available to view online from your mobile, tablet or desktop
- Paper reports are also available by post
- SMS alert to mobile when results are published online
- Results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd or MobileHerd app.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org