The Cattle Information Service (CIS) provide insight from Milk, Tissue and Blood Samples to help manage herd health.
The milk sample holds a wealth of health information for dairy herds, maximise on this by routine health testing when milk recording.
CIS Health Testing includes:
- Disease testing for Johne’s, BVD Ab, BVD Ag, IBR Ab, IBR gE Ab, Lepto, Neospora, Liverfluke and Schmallenberg.
- CHECS approved Johne's Monitoring Scheme*.
- Ketosis/Acidosis indicator for an imbalance of butterfat/protein levels.
- Milk urea analysis to assist feed management.
- Protein intercept comparing production with protein levels to gauge energy status.
- SCC monitor to pinpoint ongoing or one-off problems.
- Online medicine book.
- Results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd portal or MobileHerd app.
Disease testing is available on a quarterly or ad hoc basis. All other analysis is included with routine milk recording. CHECS schemes are also available.
To speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com
*Opt In Scheme
Health Testing Webinars
Further webinars focused are available to view on the CIS YouTube channel