CIS operate a highly sophisticated Quality Management System to ensure full confidence in each result reported.
- Compositional analysis for Butterfat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Caesin and Somatic Cell counts
- Capability for analysis of Fatty acids and Ketosis
- State of the art automation and equipment to ensure fast turnaround of results
- Samples individually barcoded and analysed uniformly to ensure full traceability and confidence in each result
- Ever expanding Elisa Health testing suite from the one milk recorded sample
- Milk analysis for Johne's, BVD Ab, BVD Ag, IBR Ab, IBR gE Ab, Lepto, Neospora, Liverfluke and Schmallenberg
- Pregcheck screening service
- BVDV Tissue, Blood and Milk testing by PCR or Elisa
- Capability for analysis of most* diseases using blood
- Results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd management program or MobileHerd app.
*Schmallenberg and Liverfluke are milk tests only
View the CIS Services available to farmers, vets and the dairy industry.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com
The CIS Laboratory in Shropshire is UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
The internationally recognised, privately owned, laboratory uses innovative state of the art equipment ensuring milk recorded samples are analysed uniformly extracting a wealth of information. Results help make strategic decisions about individual cows or the whole herd.
The Telford laboratory is ISO/IEC 17025:2017 UKAS accredited - Accreditation No. 7851 - for the following methods:
- CISMK001 Delvotest SP-NT test for the detection of antibiotics and sulpha residues in milk
- CISMK003 CISMK003B Analysis of Bovine Milk using Combifoss FT+ (Fat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Somatic Cell Count)
- CISAH001 CISAH012 Detection of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis Milk ELISA in Milk Samples
- CISAH004 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antibodies Milk ELISA (BVD Ab)
- CISAH005 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antigens Ear Notch and Blood ELISA (BVD Ag)
- CISAH006 Detection of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGs) Milk ELISA
The following unaccredited methods are also performed by the CIS Laboratory
- CISAH002 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis Bulk Milk ELISA
- CISAH003 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotraceitis Individual Milk ELISA
- CISAH007 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Antigens Individual Milk ELISA (BVD Ag)
- CISAH008 Detection of Leptospirosis Milk ELISA
- CISAH009 Detection of Neospora Milk ELISA
- CISAH010 Detection of Liverfluke Milk ELISA
- CISAH013 Detection of IBR gE Milk ELISA
- CISAH014 Detection of Schmallenberg Milk ELISA.
The laboratory also operates a Pregcheck screening service for the detection of Pregnancy-associated Gylcoproteins found in milk during pregnancy as early as 28 days after breeding.