CIS operate a highly sophisticated Quality Management System to ensure full confidence in each result reported.
- Compositional analysis for Butterfat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Caesin and Somatic Cell counts
- Capability for analysis of Fatty acids and Ketosis
- State of the art automation and equipment to ensure fast turnaround of results
- Samples individually barcoded and analysed uniformly to ensure full traceability and confidence in each result
- Ever expanding Elisa Health testing suite from the one milk recorded sample
- Milk analysis for Johne's, BVDAg, BVDAb, IBR, Lepto, Neosporam Liverfluke and Schmallenberg
- Pregcheck screening service
- BVDV Tissue and Blood analysis
- Capability for analysis of most* diseases using blood
- Results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd or MobileHerd app.
*Schmallenberg and Liverfluke are milk tests only
The Telford laboratory is an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 UKAS accredited testing laboratory, privately owned - Accreditation No. 7851 for the following methods:
- CISMK001 Delvotest SP-NT test for the detection of antibiotics and sulpha residues in milk
- CISMK003 CISMK003B Analysis of Bovine Milk using Combifoss FT+ (Fat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Somatic Cell Count)
- CISAH001 CISAH012 Detection of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis Milk ELISA in Milk Samples
- CISAH004 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antibodies Milk ELISA
- CISAH005 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antigens Ear Notch and Blood ELISA
- CISAH006 Detection of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGs) Milk ELISA
- CISAH002 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis Bulk milk ELISA
- CISAH003 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotraceitis Individual milk ELISA
- CISAH007 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Antigens Individual Milk ELISA
- CISAH008 Detection of Leptospirosis Milk ELISA
- CISAH009 Detection of Neospora Milk ELISA
- CISAH010 Detection of Liverfluke Milk ELISA
- CISAH013 Detection of IBR gE Milk ELISA
- CISAH014 Detection of Schmallenberg Milk ELISA.
The Cattle Information Service (CIS) provides reports as part of its service to milk recording customers. These reports are intended to aid in the management of CIS dairy herds and are provided for information purposes only. Results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd or MobileHerd app. Opinions and interpretations expressed herein are outside the scope of UKAS accreditation.