The CIS Laboratory in Shropshire is UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
An internationally recognised laboratory, it uses innovative state of the art equipment ensuring milk recorded samples are analysed uniformly extracting a wealth of information. Results help make strategic decisions about individual cows or the whole herd.
The Telford laboratory is ISO 17025 UKAS accredited - Accreditation No. 7851 - for the following methods:
- CISMK001 Delvotest SP-NT test for the detection of antibiotics and sulpha residues in milk
- CISMK003 Analysis of Bovine Milk using Combifoss FT+ (Fat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Somatic Cell Count)
- CISAH001 Detection of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis Milk ELISA in Milk Samples
- CISAH004 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antibodies Milk ELISA
- CISAH005 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antigens Ear Notch and Blood ELISA
- CISAH006 Detection of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGs) Milk ELISA
The following unaccredited methods are also performed by the CIS Laboratory
- CISAH002 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis Bulk milk ELISA
- CISAH003 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotraceitis Individual milk ELISA
- CISAH007 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Antigens Individual Milk ELISA
- CISAH008 Detection of Leptospirosis Milk ELISA
- CISAH009 Detection of Neospora Milk ELISA
The laboratory also operates a Pregcheck screening service for the detection of Pregnancy-associated Gylcoproteins found in milk during pregnancy as early as 35 days after breeding.
CIS operate a highly sophisticated Quality Management System to ensure full confidence in each result reported.
- Compositional analysis for Butterfat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Caesin and Somatic Cell counts
- Capability for analysis of Fatty acids and Ketosis
- State of the art automation and equipment to ensure fast turnaround of results
- Samples individually barcoded and analysed uniformly to ensure full traceability and confidence in each result
- Ever expanding Elisa Health testing suite from the one milk recorded sample
- Milk analysis for Johnes, BVD, IBR, Leptosira, Neospora
- Pregcheck screening service
- BVDV Tissue and Blood analysis
- Capability for analysis of all diseases using blood