Testing milk samples with Cattle Information Service (CIS) helps dairy farmers make informed decisions about future dairy herd performance from feeding to breeding.
CIS offer a number of packages from a simple DIY system to a full milk recorder service at an interval to suit all needs. We have the results available within 48hrs of sample receipt, with an alert is sent as soon as the results are processed.
Milk recorders visit farms on a regular basis to take samples and arrange delivery to the laboratory. The results are uploaded online or can be sent by email or post.
CIS Milk Recording package includes:
- Routine testing of all individual in-milk cows for lactose levels as well as butterfat, protein, urea and SCC
- Test quarterly, monthly, 6 or 8 weekly with or without a recorder
- SMS and email alerts when results are processed
- Paper reports are available by first class post
- If required, duplicate reports for on-farm use can be posted or downloaded from YourHerd online portal
- The YourHerd web service as a full management system for your herd
- Electronic data file links to update farm and vet software
- Links to pedigree Breed Societies and BCMS
- Assess and monitor Johne’s, BVD Ab, BVD Ag, IBR Ab, IBR gE Ab, Lepto, Neospora, Liverfluke and Schmallenberg.
- Results are available to view on the secure web-based YourHerd portal or MobileHerd app.
Paperless packages are available offering further savings and efficiencies for your business.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org