The CIS Genomic service enables you to find the animals with the greatest potential in your herd through hair and tissue sample.
Genomics helps identify the animals with the greatest potential in the herd. Our Genomics service is offered without any contracts keeping it simple to use and tests can be ordered through our secure online portal YourHerd.
The results give you the potential to develop traits such as longevity, fertility and disease resistance.
Genomic testing is available for pedigree Holstein, Friesian, Jersey and Ayrshire breeds.
CIS genomic tests include:
- High Density (HD) chip
- Genomic production, type and management traits
- Free genetic traits (e.g. Blad, DUMPS and Haplotypes) included
- Samples can be stored for up to seven years
Additional options include:
- GTPI evaluations (for an additional fee)
- Additional genetic and diagnostic tests can be tested at the same time, or in addition to the genomic test (see additional documents for full list)
All results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd portal.
* Genomic test not currently available for the Brown Swiss and Guernsey breeds.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com
Further webinars focused on health testing are available to view on the CIS YouTube channel