The Cattle Information Service (CIS) operate a highly sophisticated Quality Management System to ensure full confidence in each result reported.
- Compositional analysis for Butterfat, Protein, Lactose, Urea and Somatic Cell Counts
- Capability for analysis of Fatty Acids and Ketosis
- State of the art automation and equipment to ensure fast turnaround of results
- Samples individually barcoded and analysed uniformly to ensure full traceability and confidence in each result
- Ever expanding ELISA Health testing suite from the one milk recorded sample
- Milk analysis for Johne's, BVD Ab, BVD Ag, IBR Ab, IBR gE Ab, Lepto, Neospora and Liver Fluke.
- Pregcheck screening service
- BVDV Tissue, Blood and Milk testing by PCR or ELISA
- Capability for analysis of most* diseases using blood
- Results can be viewed on the secure web-based YourHerd management program or MobileHerd app.
*Schmallenberg and Liver Fluke are milk tests only
View the CIS Services available to farmers, vets and the dairy industry.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com
The CIS Laboratory in Shropshire is UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
The internationally recognised, privately owned, laboratory uses innovative state of the art equipment ensuring milk recorded samples are analysed uniformly extracting a wealth of information. Results help make strategic decisions about individual cows or the whole herd.
The Telford laboratory is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No.7851 - for the following methods:
- CISMK001 Delvotest SP-NT test for the detection of antibiotics and sulpha residues in milk
- CISMK003 CISMK003B Analysis of Bovine Milk using Combifoss FT+ (Fat, Protein, Lactose, Urea, Somatic Cell Count)
- CISAH001 CISAH012 Detection of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis Milk ELISA in Milk Samples
- CISAH004 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antibodies Milk ELISA (BVD Ab)
- CISAH005 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus antigens Ear Notch and Blood ELISA (BVD Ag)
- CISAH006 Detection of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGs) Milk ELISA
- CISPCR001 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus RNA (BVDV) Bovine blood, plasma, serum, ear tissue and milk (pooled and individual) using Real Time PCR
The following methods Not UKAS accredited are also performed by the CIS Laboratory
- CISAH002 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis Bulk Milk ELISA
- CISAH003 Detection of Infectious Bovine Rhinotraceitis Individual Milk ELISA
- CISAH007 Detection of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Antigens Individual Milk ELISA (BVD Ag)
- CISAH008 Detection of Leptospirosis Milk ELISA
- CISAH009 Detection of Neospora Milk ELISA
- CISAH010 Detection of Liver Fluke Milk ELISA
- CISAH013 Detection of IBR gE Milk ELISA
The laboratory also operates a Pregcheck screening service for the detection of Pregnancy-associated Glycoproteins found in milk during pregnancy as early as 28 days after breeding.