Testing milk samples with The Cattle Information Service (CIS) helps dairy farmers make informed decisions about their future dairy herd performance from feeding to breeding.
CIS offer a number of packages from a simple DIY milk testing system to a full milk recorder service at an interval to suit all needs. We have the milk sample results available within 48hrs of sample receipt, with an alert sent as soon as the results are processed.
The CIS Milk Recording service is available without any contracts keeping it simple to use.
Milk recorders visit farms on a regular basis to take or collect samples and arrange delivery to our privately owned laboratory in Shropshire. The milk test results are uploaded online or can be sent by email or post.
CIS Milk Recording package includes:
- Routine milk testing of all individual in-milk cows for lactose levels as well as butterfat, protein, urea and Somatic Cell Count
- Test quarterly, monthly, 6 or 8 weekly with or without a recorder
- SMS and email alerts when the milk sample results are processed
- Paper reports are available by first class post
- If required, duplicate reports for on-farm use can be posted or downloaded from YourHerd online portal
- The YourHerd web service as a full management system for your herd
- Electronic data file links to update farm and vet software
- Production Planner is available free of charge, an automated module that predicts future milk production on farm
- Links to pedigree Breed Societies, BCMS and ScotEID
- Assess and monitor Johne’s, BVD Ab, BVD Ag, IBR Ab, IBR gE Ab, Lepto, Neospora and Liver Fluke
- Results are available to view on the secure web-based YourHerd portal or MobileHerd app
- Analysis is processed through our own ICAR and UKAS accredited laboratory.
Paperless packages are available offering further savings and efficiencies for your business.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com