RABDF Gold Cup Winner
Congratulations to Firm of Bryce Sloan on winning the RADBF Gold Cup at Dairy-Tech on Wednesday 5th February 2020.
Bryce and Robert Sloan are one of The Cattle Information Service's longest standing milk recording customers and a member of Holstein UK.
Robert Sloan runs the 180-cow Townlaw Holstein herd with parents Bryce and Anne and wife Emma. In 2011, the farm switched to robotic milking with a new purpose-built shed. In 2016, the Sloans established Darnlaw Jerseys to fulfil a specialist Jersey milk contract from milk buyer Graham’s Dairy.
The 60 cows are run as a separate herd. They are milked twice a day in the original parlour and summer grazed.
- Year-round calving
- Milk sold to Graham’s Dairy
- 180 Holsteins, yielding 11,980kg, 3.99% butterfat and 3.13% protein
- Somatic cell count 116,000 cells/ml
- Calving interval: 427 days
- 60 Jerseys yielding 7,115kg at 6.02% fat, 4.01% protein
- Somatic cell count 79,000/ml
- Calving interval 394 days
The 2019 winners open day at the Sloan's family farm will take place on 28 April 2021,