10:30AM - 02:30PM
Brian Yates, East Logan Farm, Castle Douglas, Dumfriesshire, DG7 1NX
Managing the Transition Cow for Health and Performance on Tuesday 16th April 2019 from 10.30am – 2.30pm at Brian Yates, East Logan Farm, Castle Douglas, Dumfriesshire, DG7 1NX
Meet Liz Brown from CIS at this meeting organised by SRUC.
This event will highlight the latest research carried out by SRUC and industry and its practical application to improve the management and performance of transition cows over the calving period and in early lactation.
Topics for discussion and speakers are:
• Stillbirth Causes and Investigation in the Dairy Herd - Tim Geraghty (SAC Consulting Veterinary Services)
• Effect of Social Stress and Monitoring Systems for Transition Cows - Katrina Henderson (SAC Consulting Veterinary Services) and Andrew Pine (Premier Nutrition)
• Transition Cow Management at East Logan - Hugh Kerr (Nutritionist) and Alistair Padkin (Nithsdale Vets Limited)
• Feeding the Transition Cow – Is it Working? - Lorna MacPherson (SAC Consulting) and Alastair Macrae (The Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies)
• Early Lameness Intervention and its Impact on Fertility - Justin Birch and Willie Cuthbertson (Ice Robotics)
Please contact Janis Forrest to book your place.
T: 0131 603 7525
DOWNLOAD the event flyer