The Cattle Information Service (CIS) is a leading provider of milk recording and health testing services for dairy farmers in Great Britain. The portfolio of services help dairy farmers, nutritionists and vets to measure and manage dairy herds by not only looking at the quality of milk produced but by also assessing the health and fertility of each individual animal and the herd as a whole.
Purpose of the Job
Maintain CIS data records by liaising internally and externally with staff, farmers and industry.
- Manage CIS Health testing, including BVD forms and tissue tag processing.
- Day to day management of incoming paperwork relating to submitted tissue samples.
- Customer (cattle owner) and vet contact in relation to management of paperwork.
- Assisting farmers/vets with any data queries they may have with animals/disease testing through email and telephone.
- Monitor data uploads to national schemes to ensure timelines and data quality is in line with protocols.
- Manage CIS membership maintenance, complete service, eartag ordering and accounts
- Undertake general administration tasks such as printing documentation and labels and any other roles as deemed in-line with the job role
You must be:
- An excellent communicator
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- A very committed and diligent working style
- A good standard of education including GCSE English and Maths
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
If you are interested in the role please apply in writing by email with a covering letter and CV to Cindy Lloyd: email@example.com
Closing date: 20th September, 2021