The recording milk sample holds a wealth of health information for dairy herds.
CIS provide insight from milk, tissue and blood samples to help dairy farmers manage herd health with a range of tools.
The web based system 'Your Herd' is FREE of charge for all milk recorded CIS customers providing a suite of management information to make informed decisions about the herd.
CIS Health Testing includes:
- Disease testing for Johne's, BVDag, BVDab, IBR, Lepto, Neospora, Liverfluke and Schmallenberg
- CHeCs accredited Johne's Monitoring Scheme*
- Ketosis/Acidosis indicator for imbalance of butterfat/protein levels
- Milk urea analysis to assist feed management
- Protein intercept comparing production with protein levels to gauge energy status
- SCC monitor to pinpoint ongoing or one-off problems
- Online medicine book
Disease testing is available on a quarterly or ad hoc basis. All other analysis is included free of charge with routine milk recording. CHeCS schemes, are also available.
The CIS laboratory is fully accredited to accept samples as part of the RDPE BVD Project.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Opt In Scheme