The recording milk sample holds a wealth of health information for dairy herds.
CIS provide insight from milk, tissue and blood samples to help dairy farmers manage herd health with a range of tools.
The web based system 'Your Herd' is FREE of charge for all milk recorded CIS customers providing a suite of management information to make informed decisions about the herd.
CIS Health Testing includes:
- Disease testing for Johne's, BVDag, BVDab, IBR, Lepto, Neospora, Liverfluke and Schmallenberg
- Ketosis/Acidosis indicator for imbalance of butterfat/protein levels
- Milk urea analysis to assist feed management
- Protein intercept comparing production with protein levels to gauge energy status
- SCC monitor to pinpoint ongoing or one-off problems
- Online medicine book
Disease testing is available on a quarterly or ad hoc basis. All other analysis is included free of charge with routine milk recording. CHeCS schemes, are also available.