The CIS Genomic service enables you to identify you best future herd through hair and tissue sample of your female animals.
Genomics helps identify the animals with the greatest potential in the herd ensuring you can match your breeding decisions to the goals of the herd.
The results give you the potential to develop traits such as longevity, fertility and disease resistance.
Genomic testing is available for pedigree Holsteins, Friesians, Jerseys and Ayrshires.
CIS genomic tests include:
- Genomic production, type and management traits
- Free genetic traits (e.g. Blad, DUMPS and Haplotypes) are available for females tested on the High Density (HD) chip
Additional options include:
- GTPI evaluations (for an additional fee) can also be run from the HD chip
- Additional genetic and diagnostic tests can be tested at the same time, or in addition to the genomic test (see additional documents for full list)
* Genomic test not currently available for the Guernsey breed.
If you wish to speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email email@example.com